Sunday, April 22, 2012

Genealogy Fan Chart

During today's Relief Society Lesson a website was mentioned that you can see your family history fan.  The idea was then to use the fan to find the places to start working on researching your family history.  If you do the fan you will most likely find sections of the fan without names (blank sections), this is where you work on family research.  

If you click this link it will take you to the website:  Genealogy Fan Chart

If the link does not work the website is:  https://createfan.com/

You do have to log-in to the site by using your family search account login.  This is so that they can access your family history information to create the fan.

When I did this it stated that it was a one-time access.  I have not researched and read up on this website so I personally do not have any information to pass on to you about their privacy policy & such.  You will need to do that research and decide for yourself if this is a website that you want to give permission to access your family search account or not.

I am just passing on the website since so many sisters seemed interested in it.

May we all feel the desire to continue the searching out of ancestors & enjoy the blessings that come from our labors.  I know I enjoy learning about my ancestors and sharing the spirit of family history in my own family relations as I share my research.

~Shelly Strand, Second Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is not ran by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Posts and updates are made by members of the Relief Society in the Elk Ridge 2nd ward only. This blog is only used as a social media tool to inform others of upcoming events, and reminders. Opinions and comments made on this blog are opinions only and not the views and opinions of the church but only the opinions of those individuals making the comment.